Home | Goodies | The Cross of Bethlehem | New!Back in Bethlehem | Donations
Introduction | An Attack's Anatomy

The Cross of Bethlehem

The Cross of Bethlehem II

Why are they free?

Never Again?



New in the Website

Large Coffee Animation
Shin Beth Assassins Seconds Before Action

Shin Beth Assassins Seconds Before Action | Kav 300 Affair


Except for our lives having been shattered by the same evil people roughly at the same time we have very little in common. If he knew about my website and The Cross of Bethlehem, he would probably swim across the Atlantic in order to strangle me. Oh, yes, there is one more detail in common, we were both officers in the IDF, though he became major general and I became a refugee.

Many Years Before…

On Thursday 12 April, 1984, four men from Gaza hijacked Egged Bus #300 in its way from Tel Aviv to Ashkelon with around 40 passengers and forced it to drive towards the Egyptian border. The event became known as the “Kav 300 Affair” (“Line 300 Affair”). The bus was boarded in Tel Aviv and the men took control shortly after it left at 7 PM. They were armed with knives and two anti-tank rounds. The Israeli authorities learned about the event after they let a pregnant woman off the bus. The vehicle was forced to a halt near Deir el-Balah, south of Gaza City. The subsequent stand-off was witnessed by the Israeli media, the IDF Chief of Staff Moshe Levy, Minister of Defense Moshe Arens, and the Director of the Shin Beth, Avraham Shalom.

At 7 AM, then brigadier-general Yitzhak Mordechai, stormed the bus with the help of a commando unit, Shin Beth agents participated as well. (In The Cross of Bethlehem I describe combined IDF-Shin Beth operations). One passenger, a female soldier, was shot dead and seven were wounded. The IDF claimed that two gunmen were killed inside the bus, while initial reports said the other two had been wounded and died in the way to the hospital. It wasn’t true. Alex Levac, an Israeli photographer working for Haaretz, took a photograph showing one of what the IDF later defined as “two mortally wounded terrorists” (cousins Subahi and Majdi Abu Jamahad) led alive by two Shin Beth agents. The picture is reproduced in this article. The Israeli Military Censor banned publication of the picture, but the matter became public after David Shipler published the story in the New York Times.

What happened afterwards was amazing. The indefatigable conspirators of the Shin Beth framed Yitzhak Mordechai. He was tried, and acquitted. Later, in 1986, he was promoted to major general. This is the point to remind that despite all our political and religious differences, I – as most people knowing him- consider Mordechai a very honest person. After the deceit became known, the Shin Beth was in troubles. Avraham Shalom, head of the Shin Bet, was forced to resign. In 1996, Shin Beth agent Ehud Yatom told Yedihot Aharonot that he put the Palestinians on stretchers into a van and then "on the way I received an order from Avraham Shalom to kill the men, so I killed them."

Rabin expressed himself extensively against the Shin Beth, especially on their tendency to cook evidence. When he made a political turn towards peace he was assassinated by a Shin Beth patsy. In The Cross of Bethlehem I describe how shortly afterwards, Professor Harsagor from Tel Aviv University spoke out at the IDF Radio (“Galei Tzahal”) openly saying the Shin Beth was behind the assassination. The trial of Avishai Raviv (“Agent Champaign,” the Shin Beth operator of the assassin, Yigal Amir) confirmed that. The radio publication may seem strange, but the point is that there is an animosity between the Shin Beth and the army. Army officers of honor cannot support the inherent treacherousness of the indefatigable conspirators.

The Shin Beth and the Mossad are rancorous and retaliatory by nature. Rabin crossed their path, thus he was taken out. Mordechai crossed their path – he refused to become their scapegoat – so they killed him softly. After he left the army, he became a successful politician, even becoming Deputy Prime Minister. The future seemed bright. Suddenly, two women appeared claiming he had assaulted them sexually years before. He was forced to resign in 2000. In March 2001 he was convicted of harassing and sexually assaulting two women and received an 18-month suspended sentence. Many believe his claims of innocence; the dirty hands of the Shin Beth seemed to have framed him for a second time. In April 15, 2010, he gave an interview to Yedihot Aharonot openly claiming that. I have experienced sexual harassment by the Shin Beth - see the The Cross of Bethlehem for details - and can testify it is an extremely unpleasant experience.

Where is Ehud Yatom, the real assassin? He never faced justice.

Meanwhile, not far away…

In March 2003, the glorious Israeli army was bulldozing houses to create a wide, clear space between Egypt and Gaza, so that any movements across the border would be visible. On the 16th, a bulldozer was advancing toward a pharmacy, when Rachel Corrie, an American citizen aged twenty-three, wearing a bright orange vest, bravely tried to stop it. For the fifty days prior to her death, she was in the Middle East as a member of the International Solidarity Movement and served as a human shield against Israeli aggression. The bulldozer driver didn't stop.

Despite the fact that the crime was committed by one bulldozer with one driver, the official investigation by the Israeli army concluded that no one was accountable. As a former officer of the Israeli army, I refuse to accept that his immediate superiors did not know the identity of the driver; no vehicle can be moved in the IDF without filling a special form with the driver and passengers' names. An officer must sign it and leave a copy at the base from where the vehicle was taken. Hence, the official stand of the army can only be seen as supportive of the soldier's crime. Maybe he was ordered by his commanding officer to crush Rachel's bones. I dedicated The Cross of Bethlehem to Rachel. The driver is free under the protection of the State of Israel.

Many years before that…

On December 8, 1983, an extremely dangerous Palestinian terrorist was killed by an Israeli sniper in Nablus. Yosef Harnoi, a settler from Eilon Moreh, assassinated an eight-year-old girl called Aisha Adnan Al-Bahsh. He wounded her sister as well. Aisha was in her hometown. Mr. Harnoi was a settler ignoring and violating international law. On October 2, 1985, he was convicted by the Tel Aviv district court of manslaughter and was also found guilty of causing the girl's sister grievous bodily harm. He was sentenced to a mere ten years imprisonment and a five-month suspended sentence. The murder claim was rejected on grounds of his alleged epilepsy. He – as all male settlers – had been trained by the army, held a position in the settlements’ military protection system, and most important of all, was given gun and ammunitions by the IDF. The government and the army were content with the light punishment. Aisha couldn’t react to the sentence and her family was never indemnified for the crime. The indemnification issue is very important. Only if the political and military leaders face the reality of indemnifying their victims and see their war-profits diminish, only then will these crimes in Israel end. Israel consistently refuses to pay damages to Arab victims for its actions. However, in 1952, the young State of Israel signed the Reparations Agreement with Germany, in which Germany agreed to indemnify the WWII victims.

Many years after that…

As time goes by, we tend to forget the victims, history is the story of the victorious – and often violating – army. Israel prides itself on its morality, on its superiority on these grounds when compared to regimes like the Nazi’s. However, we see how time and again it works for the deep pockets of the Warring Families et al. ignoring all principles of law and the victims. In October 2009, the United Nations Human Rights Commission defined Israel as a terrorist organization.

Why are the criminals free?

Go Top

+ +

Subscribe to Roi Tov Bookmark and Share Email


Poisoned by Bolivia
KIDNAPPED BY BOLIVIA!—I am being tortured by the Bolivian Government

I have been declared a Political Prisoner of Bolivia, a country which does not respect human life. I am held in Bolivia illegitimately, violently and against my will. I am violated daily; please make this public in any possible way. Before writing to me, please read 15-Day Execution Order and the Bolivia section of the website.

Please buy something from Amazon by clicking on any of the links below. It can be different items.



My articles on the web are my main income these days; please recognize my efforts by donating or buying a copy of The Cross of Bethlehem, or Back in Bethlehem.


All texts and background photo © Roi Tov 2004—2014 tovroy@aol.com

שחסד ישוע המשיח אהבת האל וחברת רוח הקודש יהיו עם כולכם